Monday, April 1, 2013

SPF!

This post will cover some of my favorite sunscreens right now for the face.

I was gifted Coola Unscented Mineral Sunscreen Matte Finish Tint SPF 30 and I love it because it's all organic and has a skindeep rating of 3.  That's not too bad.


The only thing is, I tend to have dry skin and this being mineral based doesn't sit that well on my skin.  It seems to sit on top of my skin, like powder, and makes my skin look dry.  I am more of a fan of the "dewy" look.  So, a makeup artist once told me to use Aquaphor under my makeup. This, of course, was pre-primer days.

I now layer some Aquaphor on my skin before I use the Coola sunscreen and it works perfectly and looks good!

I also use Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer with SFP 30.



I don't know if it's particularly "good for you" as far as natural or organic.  Probably has a lot of bad stuff but performs well.  I like its consistency and it offers nice coverage.  The salespeople recommend you wear this under its foundation, but I find that to be just too much coverage.  Too thick.  I am fine just wearing this on its own.

Lastly, I love LOVE Sia Botanicals' Chemical Free Broad Spectrum SPF 30.

There is no color.  The main ingredient is Titanium Dioxide so you have to apply with a light hand, otherwise, you just spread white all over your face.  I like it because you use just a bit and get full coverage sunscreen.  I just like the brand.  All Sia products are free of gluten, parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, synthetic colorants and synthetic fragrances.  Also Vegan, no animal testing.

Now, being a mother I am now always searching for products that are free from junk. I feel good enough about Sia Botanicals that I would use it on my daughter...

On days where I can't find our Badger Broadspectrum SPF 34.


This one is my all time favorite for D.  It's pricey at $16.00 per tube, available at Whole Foods, but worth every penny if she grows up without a hint of sun damage.




No comments:

Post a Comment