Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Dove moves...

A couple people sent me the link to this very moving video from Dove...http://realbeautysketches.dove.us/

It clearly shows how women's perceptions of themselves can be so off, we tend to be so critical of ourselves and our features that it distorts our own self image. This can absolutely affect the way we present ourselves. Give this video a watch.  It moved me to tears.

Yet I also wonder, how much of our misperceptions stem from childhood? I know I have always thought of myself as having a flat nose and small eyes because that is what my mother had always told me when I was growing up.  Yet, my daughter clearly has my nose and I think it is the cutest nose, especially in profile view.  I always say I have small eyes and my friends all tell me I'm crazy...

Mothers do tend to be quite critical of their daughters.  Or maybe it was just a generational thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment