Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hello Kitty Pancakes!

We have this Hello Kitty pancake maker...

So we decided to make Hello Kitty pancakes this morning!




Yeaaa...not so much.  I mean, there was just no way to flip that sucker!  Surely, there is a better mold out there?  And of course, I should just add here that I'm not the best pancake maker.  The batter was actually quite good (I've been known to have some gloppy, gooey batter) but I never get those perfect pancake circles.  Maybe I need a pancake griddle??

Anyhow, like I said the batter was good.  I quick search on the Internets brought up this pancake recipe made with spelt flour which I happened to have on hand.  Is spelt or spelt flour gluten free?  No.

Why do I have spelt flour?  For making bread!  I have the best little recipe for making 3-minute bread.  Honestly, it takes three minutes to whip it up and an hour to bake.  It's so easy and delicious and nutritious!  I usually just throw whatever seeds I have - pumpkin, sunflower, sesame.  You could probably add in any nuts too!




No comments:

Post a Comment