Monday, September 14, 2015

Snacks and lunch

GAHHH! Packing lunch has been a bummer and now we have to pack lunch AND snack. Bigger bummer.


I think Sundays will now be my day to get set up for the week of packing lunches and snacks. Last week I made these yummy mochi cakes! Perfect for snacks. No photo because I packed them up and ran out the door before I could snap a photo. I'm sure I'll be making these again so I'll post pic next time.

Last night, I got the bright idea to start making my snacks for the week and refrigerating for freezing.  I deferred to one of my tried and true food websites, 100 Days of Real Food to see ideas she had for me...and came across these yummies - Whole Wheat "pop tarts". Alas, I didn't have any butter handy or jam.

Then I came across this yummy recipe for Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars. Yum!! Another one of my favorite food websites, Smitten Kitchen. I think everything that I've ever made from this sight has been delicious. I highly recommend.

Well, then I didn't have any sunflower seed butter handy so...I made some! Found recipe here. And while I was at it, I also made myself some Oat Flour (from some oat groats that I had accidentally ordered) Why not? Have blender, have food processor will make from scratch!



See that? Quite proud, I must admit. Those Chocolate Chunk Granola Bars turned out delicious and are so easy to make. I will definitely keep coming back to this one. These can be refrigerated/frozen for a future snack.


Don't those look nice? Tonight, I will make the whole wheat pastries but with a cinnamon apple filling. I'm not a fan of just jam and crust for a snack. That's not very wholesome...I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment