Monday, January 12, 2015

Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani



Just finished reading Anita Moorjani's book Dying to Be Me and I LOVED IT!  It is such a good book.  It is an eye-opening book about life perspective given from Anita's Near Death Experience.  I recommend everyone read it.


Interestingly enough, I am currently taking Waldorf Teaching Training Classes at the Waldorf Institute of Southern California (WISC) and I found a lot of parallels between what Anita is expressing and Rudolf Steiner's teachings.

I do believe that we all have our paths in life. I also believe that yes, it is often easy to lose our way as we are inundated with life as it is...too much media, too much influence, too much of everything and not enough peaceful quietude.  As I've grown older I've been drawn more and more towards meditation. I know that many of our Waldorf teachers practice meditation when it comes to dealing with situations. I truly believe that if you give your heart the space to work things out, then the answer comes.  We don't have to work so hard.

I am still not quite sure how mediation works, but hope to really master it someday (soon). I believe I know what my path in life is and I believe that I am currently working towards it.  But I also have a small feeling that if I were to be able to find the time to be peaceful and meditate, I could be going full steam ahead as opposed to just slowly meandering.  For now, meandering works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment