Thursday, October 20, 2016

Lunch Inspo

I've been meaning to post this for a while but just hadn't found the time! I wanted to share some lunch/snack inspos.
Firstly, what I have found to be a lifesaver is developing a lunch rhythm. Meaning, I have a weekly menu that I just follow. Right now it's the following:


Mondays: Tamago and rice
Tuesdays: Mac n cheese (made from scratch, never box) and a veggie mixed in
Wednesdays: Quinoa bowl
Thursdays: Miso soup and rice balls
Fridays: Kichoree (lentils or mung beans and brown rice) and kale

And for snack I just pack whatever is handy. I love to make dongo which is japanese rice balls made with Michiko rice flour and tofu (hello protein?!) and rolled in either sesame powder or kinako powder and sugar.
I usually always pack a fruit as well.




I suppose I might change up this rhythm eventually. But right now it's working and sometimes I deviate from the rhythm if we happen to have some good leftovers from the previous night's dinner. For instance, the other day I packed soup for snack with her mac n'cheese for lunch. I love to send her with baked (even steamed if I don't have time) sweet potato as a snack. It's filling and nutritious.
Happy packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment