Wednesday, August 20, 2014

You're Crampin' My Style, Kid



Am I the only person that ever reminisces...misses those days of yesteryear when I...didn't have a child??!  Yes, sometimes when I am driving around contemplating life, I think about those casual days long past that were so free.  I wasn't tethered to anyone.


Take today, for example.  I wanted to make a quick run to the store.  I know it's only a few blocks away and the old, free me would have jumped on my bike to grab the milk and come back.  But, noooo, I have the kid sans hubs.  So, I had to gather her up, get in my car, put her in the car seat, buckle her in.  Then drive a few blocks (waste of gas, ahem), park the car, let her out, get my milk, put her back in her car seat, buckle her in, drive home.  Sigh...

You know, and this girl has her own opinion and I have to hear her whine on some days that she doesn't want to take the dog out and then she complains about the route.  The old me, could've just taken the dog out for a nice peaceful walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment