Thursday, January 30, 2014

Oil-pulling

Oh my goodness!  My sister just sent me a blog post on oil-pulling.  Thank you to my sister and thank you to Design Mom for posting such a thorough review of oil-pulling!


Oil-pulling is a form of teeth cleaning.  You take a spoonful of coconut oil, swish it around in your mouth for 20 minutes and then spit it out in the trash can.  Never the sink!  It will clog your sink eventually.  That's it!  And voila, according to Design Mom, less plaque, neutral breath and whiter teeth!

I had tried it before since a mom friend had sung the praises of oil-pulling a while back.  She was able to shrink a cavity of hers with oil pulls, raw milk and bone broth.  Pretty amazing what one can find just within the contents of one's kitchen.

I didn't continue with the oil pulls because I wasn't solving any particular tooth needs.  However, when my sister sent over this comprehensive post on oil-pulling...well, now I'm sold again.  I have been doing the oil pulls for the past three days.  I like it!  I do have neutral breath.  Coincidentally, I had my teeth cleaned today.  Clean bill of health.  I did have some plaque on my lower teeth which has been my constant downfall.  This plaque was from before.  Now, the true test will be in six months when I go to get my teeth cleaned again.  If I am plaque free, then that will be the best proof that this works.

It may seem tedious to sit and swish coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes.  But I'm fine with it because it's less toxic, probably less expensive since coconut oil is not that pricey (if you shop at Costco) and I can always find something to do for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment