Tuesday, October 6, 2015

The Palos Verdes Performing Arts presents...Mary Poppins!

Big shout out to this production. We just saw Mary Poppins, the last show and it was great!

As a child, I had only seen the TV movie once. Or was it the actual movie, but I just saw it on TV? Either way, I recall it a bit...Julie Andrews plays a fun nanny. But that's all I remember.


This particular production really exceeded my expectations...though I don't know why I would expect anything less. Any time we've ever seen a show at Norris Theater, it's always been really well done. The set design, the acting. All outstanding.

Obviously, what I love about this story is that it's filled with life lessons like "You can do anything you think you can do" "Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go...and every task you undertake becomes a piece of cake" "Treat your toys well" "Kindness trumps money" "Family is everything"

I don't know why I'm so doom and gloom with just the slightest speck of hope...I really think humanity is going to hell in a handbasket. Look at how much havoc we wreak?? The injustices...racial discrimination still, abortion, random mass gun shootings....

I could go on, but I won't. Just a little bit of Mary Poppins will fix this gloom!


No comments:

Post a Comment