Sunday, September 7, 2014

Corn egg drop soup

Why buy cream of corn


When you can make cream of corn??!


Yum!

We had a dinner party last weekend and I had intended to make corn egg drop soup.
 I had bought fresh corn and made fresh chicken bone broth.  And then my mother reminded me that I was missing cream of corn...oh yeah.  It had been so long since I'd seen my mother make it that I forgot we needed cream of corn.

As it turns out, I didn't have to make the soup because there was too much food and it was quite hot so water was more preferable.  I ended up making cream of corn egg drop soup on another day and I felt really good about having made my own cream of corn.  Here's a good recipe from food network.  It was truly delicious and I knew the ingredients were top notch as well - Organic corn, organic sugar, organic cream.

Why buy when you can make?  That's my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment