Saturday, September 16, 2017

Recipes...

I've been making a bunch of yummy stuff lately so I thought I'd share.

These almond cookies are delicious. I usually use the pulp that comes out of making almond milk. So, usually that comes to about a 1.5 cups of almond pulp and then I add 1 cup of whole wheat flour. I also used gluten free flour once and it turned out yummy! No dry and crumbly like the usual gluten free.


Tonight I made a Chocolate Quinoa cake that was gluten free, egg free, dairy free AND sugar free! Wha-WHAAT?! Yep. Here's the recipe and here's how I doctored it up: First of all, I wanted to make a double layer round cake so I doubled the recipe. I also replaced the eggs with flax eggs.

I frosted with this recipe for 2-ingredient chocolate fudge. I don't think my coconut cream separated all that well. Eh, I just poured that thing in a sieve and let the liquid drip out. Then melted the rest of the chocolate chips. Worked out fine.

I would not suggest this cake for a hot weather day. Winter is fine and I'd keep it in the fridge until serving time. I received quite a few compliments on this cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment