Monday, May 23, 2016

Face regimen

I've been changing up my face cleaning regimen lately. Well, just my night time ritual. I used to clean my face and apply a moisturizer, be it oil, a balm or cream. A while back I had read a blog post by Josh Rosebrook where he talks about not using water to cleanse the skin. Or at least not oil AND water because that doesn't work. It made sense to me, but then again, I continued to use my oil and wash off with water. I know it doesn't quite wash it off because water doesn't do that. But I also wasn't willing to just "wash off" with my hydrosol because frankly, it costs a lot of money.


On days that I wear makeup, I do use Beautycounter's Nourishing Cleansing Balm to clear the makeup off my face and then follow that with hydrosol to clean it off and that's it. I feel like the coconut oil, etc from the cleansing face balm plus the hydrosol is moisturizing enough that I don't have to add a moisturizer.

Recently, I worked the Indie Beauty Expo with my friend and client, Maggie of Lalun Naturals who educated me that we really should let our skin breathe at night and so should not put moisturizer on. In her collection, she just launched a Moon Butter that is for nighttime moisturization so I asked her why is that okay to use? She said that Moon Butter is a balm so it will sink directly into the skin as opposed to her moisturizer (in her seasonal collections) that has ingredients that will sit on the skin's surface to protect it during the day. Aaahhh, I see.

Ever since I learned about letting my skin breathe at night, I have been doing just that. I did recently get into essential oils and made myself a roller of Frankincense, lemon and castor oil that I apply under my eye and on my sun spots (hoping to lighten them...) I'll let you know how that goes.

Meanwhile, I believe that oils also sink directly into the skin so if you feel like you need moisturization at night, you can still go with an oil. I have a favorite oil that I swear makes my skin look brighter the morning after I've applied it. They have the worst website, but the Kelley's P.M. oil is amazing.

That is all for today. I know, it's been a while since I've posted but...it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment