Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The 6 year old

Well, I'm not going to go so far as to make a blanket statement about all 6 year olds...and say how crazy they can be...but I will say that my very own 6 year old - going to be 7 year old soon is really becoming quite the challenge. Quite the test of my very own patience.


Of course, I am glad to report that I have been able to hold my temper lately. Funny, as I seem to sense a bit of shift in my quickness of temper, she seems to have absorbed it all. The girl walks around with a lot of anger. Quick to back talk. Quick to make a less than kind comment. Quick to assert herself and her wants.

I call that C-R-A-Z-Y.

Hmm, unfortunately, I can still hear myself talking "at" her as opposed to just modeling kind words. I don't know. I need a little more support in this area. Maybe I can find it here. This is a video series from Kim John Payne who wrote the book Simplicity Parenting and has helped thousands of parents navigate this mire of Parenthood while keeping our sanity intact. I'm looking forward to watching these.

No comments:

Post a Comment