Friday, May 23, 2014

Sunscreens

Summer is a'comin!  But, we stock and generously use sunscreen EVERY DAY.  I don't use a tinted moisturizer with SPF.  I literally slather my face with sunBLOCK every day and I don't let D leave the house without putting sunblock on her face.  She pretty much always has "white face".  I am obsessed!

I just bought a new sunblock to test.
Came across it via the Twittersphere and it was quite pricey!  But for sunscreen, I kind of go big.  3rd Rock is the name of this brand - they tout all food grade materials, nano-free, etc.  Here's the About section of the website.

This is most important that people don't realize (or maybe just don't care) - Finally, in 2001, the Institute of Toxicology in Zurich, Switzerland, published research results flatly stating that methoxycinnanate, oxybenzone and benzophenone, agents commonly found in commercial sunscreens, were in fact endocrine disruptors—chemicals that interfere with the body’s delicate hormonal balance.

I will never use any products that contain any of the above.  It's just not worth it to me.  I'm looking for titanium dioxide and zinc oxide and nano-free.

Review on 3rd Rock.  I like it's spreadability.  I bought the unscented but it actually still has something of a scent.  But for safe protection from the sun, I'm not gonna cry about it.  D doesn't love the "scent" so I stay with Green Screen for her for now.  But for me...well, I just read more on 3rd Rock's website and they tout that their product actually have pro-active benefits!  Wha-whaat?!  Sign me up!

formulated to not only provide the ultimate in broad-spectrum, long-lasting protection from UV rays, but shut down free radicals, reverse skin damage, strengthen immune response and stop the threat of cancer before it starts.

Read more here.

Beautycounter just launched their new sunscreen line and I'm super excited about it. But I haven't received it so I won't write about it here.  But I do like their Kidscounter sunscreen for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment