Thursday, March 17, 2016

Cruddy pots and pans...Bring it!

Ah, woe is me. The other day, I tried to cook up some garbanzo beans from scratch. Unfortunately, rather than sit around and wait for it I ran out the door! And completely forgot that the beans were on the stove. I tried to call and text the hubs, but I didn't think he was anywhere near his phone. And, he wasn't!



When he finally got the text, certainly after he smelled a burnt pot and then wanted to grab his phone to send me this pic:
Yikes! Whoops. Note self, next time let's not try to do too many things at once.

But I was not afraid! I know it's easier than easy to get crud off pots and pans without hardly any elbow grease. I just sprinkled a generous amount of baking soda and then poured white vinegar in the pot. Let it sit overnight and voila! In the morning, I cleaned with soap and a sponge and it's as good as new:



1 comment:

  1. Cream of tartar works great, too! But I usually have gobs of baking soda and vinegar around.

    ReplyDelete