Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Kundalini yoga is my jam

Oh yes. I am a big fan of Kundalini Yoga. It is definitely what I've been searching for with yoga. I'd never been a big fan of yoga. Ever since I took a class and fell asleep at the end during shavasana. Mortified.

But then in my advanced age I had been hearing so much more about yoga...maybe also has something to do with the space that I'm in - wellness, goodness, holistic. I think people in that tribe gravitate towards yoga.
I had attended some classes at Mockingbird Yoga which I loooved. I loved that the instructor would start each session with an intention and ended each session with that intention and always reminding us to be kind to ourselves. It was like a meditational yoga and I really liked that. Unfortunately, their classes didn't quite work into my schedule so I found Yogaworks. They had more selection of classes, so it seemed but at the end of the day, I don't know that I really liked it. I liked some classes for a while...and then the interest sort of fizzled.
I happened upon Awareness Center because I was looking for more yoga class options. I attended one class and it was magical. Second class I attended probably six months later when it sort of fit into my schedule. Again, magical. Just a completely different feeling. I think they might call it lucid dreaming?? I don't know. It's just something different. By my third time, I'm now hooked. I know that Kundalini yoga is for me and jogging is my gig for fitness. Everything else just seems to fizzle. I really just don't like gyms or organized classes. Not my cup of tea.
I am so looking forward to diving deeper into kundalini yoga and hopefully, getting my mediation on. I know, I know I talk about finding meditation A LOT. Because I really do believe it can be very beneficial. I just can't seem to get into it. I feel like Kundalini is my meditation and one day, it might just hit me and I'll find the time to meditate at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment