Friday, July 7, 2017

Best rhubarb recipe?

A little while ago rhubarbs were in season. We got some from our CSA and while I like strawberry rhubarb pie, I wasn't feeling like making it. So I jumped online to find a different option for our rhubarb.


I came across this recipe for Rhubarb Custard Bars and it looked easy enough. It was easy and the result was pretty surprising! My child's teacher, whom I share all our treats with said it was the most delicious item I'd baked all year. Wow, that is a big compliment. And because I had baked it during a time with the hubs was not home, I had to give it away since the babes and I can't possibly eat an entire 9 x 13 cake. I gave it to our aftercare staff and again, rave reviews.

I made it one more time and again the teacher and his wife sent a nice note reiterating that this was the best dessert. Wow!

So of course, I had to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment