Thursday, June 15, 2017

Paleo vs Vegan/Vegetarian

Wow, it's been a looong time since I've posted. I often have posts running through my head but then never actually execute because the day just gets away from me.

Lately I've been thinking about becoming a vegetarian. More because I feel guilty about all those animals suffering. And actually when I think about it, I often come across articles and testimonials that share the stories of people healing themselves from a host of ailments when they go vegan. It is very health serving.


On the other hand, paleo diets seem yummy and sure, why not just eat protein and veggies. We don't actually need a lot of grains, do we? However, I don't think I've ever come across an article sharing that being on a paleo diet actually helped heal a person from chronic disease. Plus, if one is to go paleo and only eat sustainable meats, that can get costly and at the end of the day, it's still an animal. And there really is not guarantee that that animal didn't suffer at any point in the chain.

Mostly, while I am thinking about embracing vegetarianism, I feel like in my mind and in my practice, I will do the best that I can and not label myself at all. Why label? But my guilt will one day become overwhelming. One day when I've really acquired great skill at cooking vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment