Wednesday, August 3, 2016

A sponge

You know how sometimes, there's these children that have this magical child-like innocence to them. An adult could talk around them all day long and they just wouldn't absorb any of it.


That's not my child. My child absorbs everything around her like a sponge. I am beginning to have second thoughts about letting her hang out with older kids! Case in point, this weekend we had some friends in from out of town. They have two daughters, 12 and 15 years old. They are really sweet girls, but teenagers nonetheless. I found my child absorbing everything about them. And, since my child is already really quite mature-seeming for her age, the other girls are so comfortable hanging out with her and talking about just fun kids stuff (though teenage kids stuff).

After they left, I found my child just seemingly more "grown up" in her speech and mannerisms. I'm not quite liking that at all. After all, she is just seven!!

Sigh..what to do. What to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment