Saturday, May 23, 2015

Sawdust...is okay by the FDA

A friend told me a looong time ago never to buy pre-shredded cheese because it contains sawdust. This is a friend who is super duper informed...I try to surround myself with these people so I don't have to do any digging or researching myself. I shared this information with some people here and there but mostly just didn't buy any shredded cheese myself.


Then the other day, I'm at my local farmer's market and the Raw Milk guys are announcing that they are about to carry shredded cheese. I jokingly asked, "Oh, will yours have sawdust as well?" Har-har.

And Cece responded, "Um, no...oh yeah, what is that called? It's called Cellulose."

So THAT is what they mask the sawdust under - Cellulose. Be on the lookout for that ingredient in your labels. And, I would highly suggest avoiding. It is NOT okay to be allowing sawdust in our food (fiber? Not right).

And that, my friend is how your government continues to work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment