Friday, August 17, 2018

Home Alone

Every year around August, I get to stay home alone for a weekend. The hubs takes the babes and they go camping with another family. This started as a father daughter thing because one year, the mom of that family couldn't go so I happily stayed home. Consequently, the mother does join them every year and I still, happily, decline.

I relish this time by myself. Don't get me wrong. I am not tethered to this home. I go out all the time by myself either to meet up with friends or for meetings. But that is me outside the home. It's just not the same as when I get to sit at home - in my home - all by myself. I don't have one other person to be cognizant of and it really does make a difference. I recommend it for all moms. To stay at home by yourself without kids or hubby around.
Sure, when I was by myself I did three loads of laundry, cleaned my office and read. All of those things I do regularly and aren't particularly tough when others are around (except for maybe reading), but it just feels different.
As a stay-at-home working mom, my every moment is literally consumed by what I am going to make them to eat - breakfast, lunch and dinner. It sounds silly, but it's something that I am obsessed with. It's ridiculous but that is how I roll. So, when they are not around and I just eat a bowl of fruit for brekkie, some pieces of lettuce and maybe a slice of cheese for lunch and an avocado for dinner, as an example, it feels GREAT!
I've always been someone who cherishes my alone time and those are really kind of few and far between now with a family. I so greatly appreciate when this time rolls around. And guess what? Another dad just asked my hubby if he'd like to get away on a father/children weekend later in September! Yes! I LOVE that our current circle of friends have dads that have ideas like that. It will be three dads and their kids for a weekend. The babes said, "Mom, you should call the moms up and get together with them that weekend!" My reply, "Haha, yea, NO." Are you kidding me? I'm not filling up my weekend BY MYSELF with other folks. I'm just going to enjoy my ME time at home. Lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment