Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Full body gua sha

I just did a full body gua sha and it felt great! A while ago, I attended a wellness panel hosted by Jenni Kayne. The panelists were singing the praises of body brushing aka dry brushing for detox. Truly, they were all saying if there's one thing we should all be doing, it's dry brushing.


Well, I don't own a dry brush and I remembered that I actually have a shell "gua sha" tool that I had bought from Poppy & Someday awhile ago along with a warming body oil. So I decided to just go with that. Gua sha helps to detox the body by releasing toxins from the blood and greatly stimulating circulation. It also has an anti-inflammatory and immune protective effect. I wonder if it's good for when one has a cold?

I lubricated my skin with the oil, then took my gua sha tool and started making broad strokes from my limbs towards the heart (I heard that's the direction we should be moving with dry brushing and gua sha), making sure to be applying a good amount of pressure while scraping.


This is what my skin looked like afterwards. That's good! It's supposed to look like that. I don't expect to experience any particular results but it's just a good health/wellness protocol that I'd like to engage in a few times a week. Maybe not every day, but every other day? Or just when I remember?

I'm sure with our busy lives and lack of much movement, it's good to get the circulation going and remove blockages. I think gua sha is also good for lymph drainage. I'd have to do more research.



No comments:

Post a Comment