Friday, February 3, 2017

Behavioral Optometry

I was speaking to a mom friend today who was telling me about her son and how he has been going to a behavioral optometrist. I have never heard of this! Her son had been experiencing what seeed like sensory disorder. He would lean on her whenever she was nearby. He would freak out sometimes when people entered into his personal space. He was in a classroom of 8 children and often could not cope. Obvi, when you hear these symptoms, you think oh, ADHD or sensory perception disorder.


I can't remember how this mom found out about Behavioral Optometry but she did and she had her child take one year off school in 2nd grade and went to behavioral optometry therapy twice a week for a year. It made a huge difference. Her child is now in school. In a class with 25 children and he is thriving. He can read at a 6th grade level when he wasn't able to before.

This is so interesting to me! I thought I'd share with y'all. There are so many alternative therapies out there that we are just not aware of. I'm for all of them. If I never have to go to a Western doctor I'd be fine. I hate how they just band aid everything whereas holistic doctors, acupuncturists, naturopaths look at the whole being - physical, emotional. It is all connected to overall health.

No comments:

Post a Comment