Saturday, March 30, 2013

It's time

I'd been contemplating starting yet another blog...and yeah, I feel it's really time.  I had one before...www.idratherhatchanegg.blogspot.com and still have it but I have not posted in a reaaaallly long time because I guess I got busy.
Well, now I'm still busy but I just feel like I have a lot I'd like to share again.
So, here we are.


Firstly, I came across this makeup remover from rms beauty - raw coconut cream.  The description seemed pretty amazing:

"...raw coconut oil, anti-microbial, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help remove dirt, make-up and bacteria from the skin.  With excellent natural anti-oxidant protection, coconut oil prevents free radical damage and stalls premature aging..."

I don't know about you, but I was SOLD.  When I received the product, I opened it to use it and thought, wait a minute...this is just like the coconut oil that I use for cooking.  Why would I pay $18 for this little container?  And, it was weird to me to use the coconut oil to remove the makeup but then I'd have to wash it off.  Directions say to wipe off with soft cloth.  I don't really have a stockpile of "soft cloth" to use to wipe off makeup remover, so I tried water...and then used soap because it's kind of hard to get oil off your skin unless you use soap and then at that point, doesn't that defeat the purpose of using coconut oil to begin with?
I contacted rms beauty about possibly returning the product.  While they were more than happy to receive the return, they reminded me that this was not your "cooking coconut oil", but rather a raw, unrefined virgin coconut oil that had all these properties (I can't find the email now) so of course, I kept it.  And I'm glad I did!  I found a way to use my coconut oil that suits me and I think I definitely see results!  I gently work the cream into my skin making sure to cover all makeup areas.  Then I soak a couple cotton balls with T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel (also known to be good for the skin) and take the coconut oil off with that.
I swear the wrinkles by my eyes have disappeared!  I swear that on the days that I wear makeup and take off with RMS raw coconut cream, my face just looks more luminous the morning after!  Now, I am not an every day makeup wearing kind of girl, but this gives me pause...I might just have to wear makeup every day so I can use my makeup remover.

No comments:

Post a Comment