Monday, September 24, 2018

Orangetheory

Have y'all heard of Orangetheory? I discovered it through two separate friends who had been raving about this new fitness studio. One friend lives in Colorado and the other in Seattle and they don't know each other! So, when they both highly recommended this particular workout and I saw that they have some fitness centers out by me, I checked it out.


I have to say, I quite like this type of training. You either start on the treadmill or start on the row machine/weights. I like to start on the tread because otherwise, I'm too tired to run.

It's approximately 25 minutes of each - tread running/rowing moving to weights/rowing or vice versa. It's really intense! They give you a heart monitor and the goal is to get your heart rate at a steady green or orange level. This ensures that your body continues to burn calories for the next 24 - 48 hours after your workout.

I signed up for two months, two classes per week. This is the bare minimum they will allow - a two month membership before you can cancel the membership. I wanted to just do one month! But, I guess no one sees results in just one month. However, I did not sign up for the auto-renew per month because I have been suckered WAAAAAY too many times with that option at several other gyms throughout my life. The Orangetheory sales rep probably thought I was nuts for being so adamant about filling out a cancellation form the same time I was signing up for membership. My goal is just to jump start my body with this workout and then just coast with my bi-weekly hikes and some yoga. Who knows, maybe I'll go back to Orangetheory when summer comes around when it is too unbearably hot to do any type of working out outside. We shall see. But for now, I really like this workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment