Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Brown Rice Porridge

Mmmm...I really should've taken a photo of this yummy breakfast dish. I was at a bookstore the other day and happened upon the SQRL cookbook. One recipe that caught my eye was their Brown Rice Porridge. Yum. I did not buy the cookbook but jumped online this morning to find a comparable recipe. The Interwebs is so good like that - you can put in "SQRL brown rice porridge" and it will pull up either that exact thing or something like it - like this one is the one I used. Or like when I entered "In and Out special sauce" and recipe totally comes up. So easy!


Now, I was not trying to be cheap and not buy the cookbook. I buy cookbooks ALL THE TIME because I love them so much. If I could have a wall of cookbooks, I'd be so happy. I just didn't buy this particular one because right now, I'm more buying vegan and vegetarian cookbooks.

Anyhooooo, I made this delicious brown rice porridge and when I served it, I felt like the porridge was a bit too sweet for my palate. So, I added a swirl of raw cultured butter from Organic Pastures. It added just the right bit of salt and good fats to this dish. I'll try to add a photo the next time I make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment