Saturday, August 26, 2017

Foodies

The babes announced a few weeks ago that she's vegetarian. And since then has really not eaten any meat...except for once when a friend put sausage in a dish. We are trying to be more conscious about our eating, for sure. But again, I'm not labeling ourselves. Since this decision, we hadn't seen one of our really good friends whom we often get together with to have dinner. Last night was the first night she and I were getting together and then a thought occurred to me, "Well, now how are we going to get together to eat?"
It's not that we can't find veggie options wherever we go, but y'know, foodies like to try all foods and if they are eating up meat dishes, while we stick with veggies, I feel like they might think we are no fun to eat with anymore. Well, my thoughts were for naught because she announced that she is now vegan! Yea, no dairy either. She shared that she has been cooking vegan for her family and even her daughter who never eats veggies was enjoying the vegan dishes! Win!

And our teacher, who we like to invite over to dinner. He and his wife have been eating vegan all summer too! I just think that more and more people are not willing to ignore the fact that factory farmed animals are incredibly abused. No living creature should be subjected to such cruelty. Also, there is no denying the health benefits of going vegan and the environmental benefits as well. The meat industry is just a dirty industry. I'm looking forward to exchanging some delicious vegan recipes with my friends as we all dive into this together. Of course, so thankful to those on the Interwebs that make vegan cooking easy and tantalizing...some of my faves: 101cookbooks, cookieandkate, ohsheglows, minimalistbaker

No comments:

Post a Comment